S10 Countdown: 39 days - or
The one with light and shadow - SN 06x07
Do you really believe in your heart of hearts that destiel will be canon one day?
*takes deep breath*
Well anon. Here’s the thing.
I already think it’s canon. But I understand what you’re saying. Will it ever be completely, 100% confirmed?
To me there are way too many specific moments and interactions between the two for them not make them canon eventually. Scenes where you would have to be CRAZY not to interpret them as romantic love interests. There have been countless stories of casual viewers or non viewers walking into the room and seeing Dean and Cas and assume they’re together.
Gee, if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck…
Things that should indicate they’re going to make it canon:
- Castiel took over Anna’s plotline and Anna was meant to be Dean’s endgame.
- ”I love you” was an actual scripted line between the two.
- Dean rearranged his entire memory to make himself believe that he failed Cas instead of Cas voluntarily choosing not to be with him.
- The constant parallel in season 8 was about human/non human relationships. There was an example in almost every episode.
- Castiel rebelled against his entire family and all of heaven for Dean and admitted as such.
- I cannot name a single instant in any other TV show or movie where the mind control trope is used (that happened in the crypt scene where Dean is the reason Cas breaks Naomi’s hold) and it is NOT romantic.
- 9x06. Just all of it.
- Metatron’s spell to cast out the angels (that Dean helped Castiel with) was revolved around symbols of love.
- Dean creating a space for another person next to him in bed during season 9. Something he had NEVER done in the entirety of the series.
- The only time Dean was happy this season was with Cas.
- Metatron’s entire plan revolving around Castiel’s love for Dean.
- Metatron saying that Castiel is in love….with humanity. And then the very next episode stating explicitly that DEAN IS HUMANITY.
How is that even interpreted differently
And those are just off the top my head.
(As a side note, I know for a fact a that Ben Edlund was writing them romantically and was writing Dean as bisexual. But now he’s gone and the point is moot. )
At this point, if they don’t make it canon, it will be the biggest case of queerbaiting in the history of ever. Especially when they’ve said, “Just wait and see.” In response to questions.
All of the clues lead to: Yes. It will be confirmed canon eventually, and in a perfect world I would give you a definite yes.
But my faith in the writers is next to none.
I honestly don’t know.
But it will always have my support and I refuse to be called crazy for seeing it.
(If you’d like a list of bloggers that 100% believe that Destiel is going to be canon, I can give those to you. They’re fantastic to follow and give me hope) :)
I wrote this fluffly drabble for Kari ( casincharge ) because she’s feeling sick. So here, have cute human Cas with the flu, and Dean taking care of him. Feel better soon. <3
You’re lucky I wrote this for you even after you threw up all over my blog, I am such a good friend, lol.
Dean cautiously shuffled into the room of the bunker that had belonged to Castiel ever since the angel had become human. Both of Dean’s hands were full; one carried a bowl of chicken soup, whereas the other was holding a large glass of fresh orange juice.
Only Cas’ watery blue eyes and the messy dark strands of hair on top of his head could be seen from where Castiel was hiding in his nest of blankets.
“Hello, Dean.” He croaked out in a raspy voice.
“Hey, buddy. How are you feeling?” Dean asked, carefully placing the soup and juice on the nightstand.
Castiel was suffering from the flu, and seeing as it was the first time that the former angel had to deal with any kind of human illness, Cas wasn’t taking it all that well.
“I feel horrible.” Castiel said matter-of-factly, not sugarcoating it in the slightest.
Dean nodded as he sat down on the edge of Castiel’s bed. “I know, Cas… I made you some chicken soup though, they say it helps.”
Castiel’s brow furrowed, his eyes skeptically peeking at Dean. “Humans honestly believe that chicken soup is a proper medicine to cure influenza?”
Dean rolled his eyes at Cas’ smartass comment. “It’s just a human thing, Cas. I suppose it’s between the ears, man. People believe that chicken soup makes them feel better. Just like they believe that something stops hurting when you put a kiss on it, and all that sort of crap.”
“Really? Humans believe that a kiss makes pain go away?” Castiel asked as he tried to sit a little straighter, his interest piqued all of the sudden. “Does it?”
“I don’t know, I never tried.” Dean replied, holding in a chuckle of amusement. “But I’m guessing it’s a giant load of bullshit.”
“But you never tried, so you can’t know for sure if it works or not.” Cas remarked.
“No, Cas, I don’t know for sure.” Dean answered, trying not to laugh at the angel’s innocent face.
There was a brief staring contest, during which neither of them said anything. Castiel was the first to break the silence.
“My lips hurt, Dean.” He stated bluntly, puffy red eyes looking up at Dean from under long lashes.
Dean narrowed his eyes at Castiel. Ah, not so innocent after all then.